cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

It would be nice to insert jog on a radius dimension, so dimension is link to model.

SkyKing
7-Bedrock

It would be nice to insert jog on a radius dimension, so dimension is link to model.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SkyKing)

Not sure if this is what you are asking for, if not, maybe provide a picture of what you are asking:

Re: Can't break dimensions outside view boundary... how to break manually?

Thanks, Dale

I had to create a note to get the R.053 where I want it.

As a workaround, you can

1. Use the 'switch symbols' toolbutton (or edit the dimension properties) to identify the dimension name, which should be something like 'd27'
  2. Create a note and for the text, enter 'R&d27'

The note now contains the actual dimension parameter, and will update parametrically in both directions (model to drawing and drawing to model).

We call this embedding a dimension. For best results, set the dimension properties before embedding the dimension. If everything is behaving properly, use of the embedded dimension should remove the original from view. To make the original dimension reappear temporarily, simply remove the ampersand, &, from the embedded variable. Return the ampersand to the embedded variable when you are done editing the original dimension.

Maybe someday PTC will upgrade us so no workaround is needed!

How do you do above for chamfer callout like .030-.049x45 °? When I do it, I get .03045° X-.049.

snap1.JPG

snap2.jpg

I think you misunderstood my question? Please read above posts.

Remember I have to do a note in order to insert a jog for radius or chamfer callout.

I can do this, than add x45° in the note.

I can create a note and for the text, enter example '&d27x45°'.

I confirmed your bug. Report it to PTC Tech support.

Capture1001.JPG

Capture1002.JPG

Reported it to PTC Tech support, case #13179688.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SkyKing)
Top Tags