cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Layouts & Variants

JWayman
1-Newbie

Layouts & Variants

Good morning. I have a reasonably complex assembly that is driven by a skeleton/layout combination. When I change the value of one of the parameters in the layout, the whole model changes accordingly, right through the model tree, as expected. So far, So good. Now, I have one product based on this assembly with one specific set of parameter values, and another product with another set. I also have a third set of parameter values, which is only a 'maybe, what-if' set. Clearly, when I use set 1, I can produce a complete pack of drawings and models defining the first product. However, when I want to produce another pack for the second product, I would really prefer it if I still had the facility to refer to the models and drawings of the first product. Similarly, when I do the 'What-If' analysis, I need to retain the firm product sets of parameters too. I created a parameter table in a Layout, with multiple sets of values for each parameter. I could see me having three (or four, or n) columns in the layout table, each having its own set of values for the parameters in the layout. I would maybe have another parameter ('SET'), with a range of values (Product1,Product2,What_if3...Xxxn), each of which would point the skeleton to the appropriate parameter set in the layout.

So now, I want to have a table on the Layout drawing, showing all the parameters, each with a number of columns showing its values and the description of that parameter.

I cannot, presently, display these values in a table on the Layout drawing. I note the parameter table uses the Family Table editor, so I tried to do a 2D repeat region, with &fam_inst... etc. No good. I can get it to fill a 2D repeat region with the values of one of the instances, but I can't crack the 2nd dimension - the instances. Any suggestions?

Put simply: How do I display a Layout parameter Table in a 2D Repeat region?

WF2, M220

Thanks,

John Wayman
Mechanical Design Engineer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:JWayman)

Based on what I've read I don't think you can do what you are wanting to do. My understanding is the layout table only shows data for the current active set not the whole parameter table. Based on this the only thing a 2D region is going to do for you is change the table expansion direction.

You can replace layout by a generic skeleton. So you can use ref model field on parts family table to change the part copy geometry and update them with a new set of dimensions.

Top Tags