cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Leader Types for Leader Notes - Is It Possible?

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

Leader Types for Leader Notes - Is It Possible?

Community,

Is there a way to activate the LEADER TYPE menu to make a Leader Note?  The Menu Manager on the right is from the balloon note activation.  I want to be able to have an Integral on the end of my leader for a note.  Thanks in advance.

leader_note.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ThoRig)

If you want to make that the default, you can set the drawing setup option:

default_leader_arrow_style integral

If you just want it for one time, you place the leader note as normal and then RMB on the arrow (or whatever the leader is) and it give you the arrow style option and you can change that one to whatever you want.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you want to make that the default, you can set the drawing setup option:

default_leader_arrow_style integral

If you just want it for one time, you place the leader note as normal and then RMB on the arrow (or whatever the leader is) and it give you the arrow style option and you can change that one to whatever you want.

ThoRig
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Set up option default_leader_arrow_style integral works.  So I will just go with that.  Once I made a leader note with the default leader, yes, you can change the style, but I could not move it to a surface.  For example, I made a default leader note pointing to an edge.  So I now have an arrow pointing to an edge.  If I try to change it from an arrow to an integral, I can do that, but the integral is on the edge of the part.  I could not find a way to move the blue dot to the surface.  Well, I got two solutions 5 minutes apart, so I have to give you credit for this one.  Thanks.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

To move the attachment, select the note, then RMB on leader, select edit attachment, and select new placement.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
ThoRig
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Excellent!  With this technique, I do not have to change the default settings.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

You can set the default leader type with the option default_leader_arrow_style in the file options.

You could also create a map key to start the note and set the leader type.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags