cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Line Color

nico74
1-Newbie

Line Color

Hi,

I would like to change the color of some line in a sketch.

I'm using the sketch to create the outline of my future assembly and like to use different colors for different parts.

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

PS in WF3

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:nico74)

Either, while you are in sketcher mode, or, while you are in part mode select the line(s) you want to modify then hold down the right mouse button to acces the pop-up menu. Select "properties" and then you can modify color and line type. * I recommend only changing the properties while you are in part mode (3d mode).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Either, while you are in sketcher mode, or, while you are in part mode select the line(s) you want to modify then hold down the right mouse button to acces the pop-up menu. Select "properties" and then you can modify color and line type. * I recommend only changing the properties while you are in part mode (3d mode).

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your help,

Is the right click properties in sketcher mode something added in WF4?

Why do you recomend to change the color in part mode?

Thanks

Nicolas

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Hey Nicolas,

I don't recall knowing about changing line colors when I used Widlfire 3.0, so I can't comment on that.

I recommended using the right click properties in Part mode because it has been consistent for me. When I attempt the change in sketcher mode the line may or may not also change in part mode. Also, the change to the line may not remain. Most likely this is an error on my part, but for the purposes of giving advice I only told you what has worked best for me without speculating.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks you for your help kevin,

It seems that the change of line style and color is a new feature of WF4.

How ever, out of the sketch I can still change the color of the line. But this is not transfered when the sketch is edited.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Hey Nicolas,

I tried on a coworkers PC with Widlfire 3.0 and you can change the color and line style and it will not revert back to the default after an edit or after saving, closing, erasing, and re-opening.

To be very specific, what I have been describing is applying changes to a sketch that exists in the model tree as a stand-alone feature, meaning that is was not created while creating an Extrude of Revolve.

I hope it works for you because for me it is very useful to catalog the sketches based on color when the part has a ton of sketches in it.

Regards,

Kevin

The color change off the sketch works well in part mode.

Unfortunately the color don't transfer when you edit the sketch.

thanks for your time

Nicolas

Top Tags