cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Line style when exporting to PDF

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Line style when exporting to PDF

When I export a drawing to PDF every radius is bold while the straight lines are standard. I want everything to look the same. I attached an image below to show what I mean. Anybody know the setting to change in order to fix this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Christian

Do you need set configuration options:

pen_table_file path to pentable file (tested pentable file - see attachment)

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

Note: Try it and I think you'll be satisfied with the results

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello Christian

Do you need set configuration options:

pen_table_file path to pentable file (tested pentable file - see attachment)

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

Note: Try it and I think you'll be satisfied with the results

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Very nice. I reduced the thickness of pen 1 but other than that everything was perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to do that.

You are welcome , have a nice day.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello Mr. Smith and Mr. Palffy,

Have either of you experienced the loss of a border when you export to a pdf? I had a similar situation as stated above and followed the directions to correct it. They work great except one minor flaw. I loss the left side border when I complete this operation and print it. If anyone has a solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Mike

Try setting the DPI to 600 or thicken the pen line width a little.

Antonius,

Thanks for the suggestion. Changing the line thickness did the trick.

Regards,

Mike

Michael,

what does mean "loss of a border" ? Please attach the picture to explain it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Please have a look at the scan I have attached. I had to do it as a scan as this border does not show up when you open the drawing as a PDF. You will notice the border on the left hand side of the drawing (when oreiented properly) is ommitted.

Regards,

Mike

1954_0001.jpg

Michael,

I met this problem, when I created PDF using PDF printer (PDF Creator) installed in Windows XP.

To place a drawing on a "paper sheet" properly, I had to play with the following setting.

I selected MS Printer Manager printer.

In Printer Configuration dialog I activated Page tab. In Offset section I entered 6 (if you use unit mm) in X field and also in Y field.

If you create PDF using ProE/Creo internal command, then I can't help you.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I ran into this too, Martin. It was off by a whole 1/4" in both directions. No issues with the PDF Export out of Creo other than changing several parameters. Stroke fonts is probably the only default that should have been choosen rather than TTF. The TTF plot nicely, but they translate poorly if you are not using a TTF for drawings. There is also no reason not to go for 600DPI.

Top Tags