Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weights and PDF files

Highlighted

Re: Line weights and PDF files

...and it is worth noting that line weights are -not- applied to true type fonts.

Highlighted

I use stroke all fonts to keep my balloon text from shifting and to keep my text from printing in code. When I'm printing to pdf and select stroke all fonts balloons/dimensions/lines/text lineweights are to thick.

Printing pdf w/out Stroke All Fonts.po.jpg

Printing pdf with Stroke All Fonts.lo.jpg

Hi Kaci,

when you create pdf with Stroke All Fonts, then your config.pro file must contain:

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pdf_use_pentable YES

pen_table_file c:\ptc\test.pnt !*** this is an example

Put the following lines (see Brent Drysdale answer) in c:\ptc\test.pnt and experiment with the width of pen 2 (if your drawing has ANSI settings) or pen 8 (if your drawing has DIN settings). I suggest to set 0.001 cm as width value.

! This is a pen table file.

! use for PDF creation within ProE WF5 (Creo Elements/Pro) M100. Brent Drysdale 07Aug2012

! Pen 1 = white entities (object lines)

! Pen 2 = yellow entities (text, dimensions, cross hatching)

! Pen 3 = gray entities (hidden lines)

! Pen 4 = red entities (Highlight - Primary (Dark Red)Selected (Red)Secondary Selected (Orange) All items plot as solid lines:

! Spline surface grid (does not plot in drawings)

! Pen 5 = green entities (sheetmetal)

! Pen 6 = cyan entities (section)

! Pen 7 = dark gray entities (dimmed e.g. tangent edges)

! Pen 8 = blue entities (spline surface grid) [use for drawing perimeter border in format]

pen 1 thickness .035 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 2 thickness .018 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 3 thickness .018 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 4 thickness .050 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 5 thickness .035 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 6 thickness .018 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 7 thickness .008 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 8 thickness .050 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Highlighted

I'm going to suggest you might have some changes from the default assigned text color. This might be taking on the line weight of a different pen like Geometry or something.

Highlighted

These are my colors:

yjh.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Kaci,

the pentable must work. If you need my further assistance, please upload some example drawing& model.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Highlighted

Hey Kaci,

Could you just test the PDF export with a TTF font that comes with the default instalation of Creo?

These fonts should be in the <installdir>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M020\text\fonts\.... depending on your subversion number.

~Jakub

Highlighted

Right... here is what I am thinking is that the text on your images are black, not blue as the system color chart shows for letters. So what is happening is that somehow the letters were changed to black - geometry color so they are printing heavy like component edges are printed. So when the font is stroked, it is stroked with the geometry pen, not the letter pen.

I could be all wet and there is something else making the letters black, but without analyzing a file, I am only suggesting this as a possibility.

Highlighted

Is there anyway I can send you an A size format file and see if you can figure out whats wrong with it?

I'm about to call its quits.

Highlighted

You can attach a file to the post if you click on the "Use advanced editor"... or you can send me private message and I will reply an email address.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.