Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load multiple drawings into session at once

Re: Load multiple drawings into session at once

I remember reading the AHK forums back when I was learning Autohotkey, and It was all pretty much the same but the other way around.

Lots of posts there say that AHK is much more capable than AutoIT, coming from alot of people that never really used AutoIT.

It's just a matter of personal preference. AHK and AutoIT are pretty similar but on the other side alot different. AHK is just an interpereter of C++ language running on Win OS, and for me that's fine, cause I like the programming rather than scripting nature of it.

Well, if one was better, the other one would not be there or at least the devs would quit working on the worse one. So, I guess none is better, they are both just different products.

They appear to be similar - because AHK started with old AutoIt source.

"Before AutoHotKey existed, AutoIT v3 was open source. According to the AHK help file, AutoHotKey adapted source code from AutoIT v3 such as Window Spy and the script compiler. When Autohotkey launched, disagreement happened between the creators of AutoIt and Autohotkey because Autohotkey placed advertisements on Google that directly targeted AutoIt v3 searches and displayed Autohotkey as a "sponsored link" ad for Autohotkey app. This included posts on the AutoIt forum that the Autohotkey creator posted with link to his software. Shortly afterwards, a new version of AutoIt was released as closed source."

http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/Autohotkey_vs_AutoIt_v3

AHK : AutoIt = Solidworks : Pro/Engineer

That said, I'd recommend AutoIt over AHK to new users for easier syntax, but if you are used to AHK then that's good too.

(edit to remove unwanted auto-emoji.)

We did this using JLink. It brings selected files into session (memory).

BringIntoSession.png

I´ve been playing with Autoit from times to times.

I made this small script for automation, it´s not very fancy but it´s working for me.

I called it TrailMaker.

Here´s how it works:

1 - Open Creo

2 - Set Working Directory

3 - Call mapkey "trail".

4 - A text file with all files in working directory will popup, erase the ones you don´t want to open and save the file

5 - You´re asked for a trailfile to execute inside of selected files, you may create your owns

6 - Watch Creo working while drinking a cup of tea.

In your case, since you don´t want to execute nothing inside of the files, choose the blank.txt trailfile.

More instructions on Readme.txt.

Have fun.

Jose

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nprv7wx6u2iog2n/TrailMaker.zip?dl=0

Nice GUI. I'd like to be able to bring in a bunch of *.drw files, but the other filetypes might be usefull as well.

Thanks for the idea.

That's really good script, Jose.

Nice to see something that works. I'll propably use it until I can drag myself to write my own. Thanks for the upload.

Nice, there is also an AHK versus AutoIt page. Well, looks like I'm not switching from AHK to AutoIt. It'd be too much work, and there'd be no real value.

I've got to tell, AHK was a pain in a butt to learn, but I've been able to make some really large scripts, so I guess I passed through the basics.

One example of script I made is for applying parameters and relations, that are listed outside of Creo in *.txt files to a Pro/E part file. So, when I get Pro/E or Creo part from a vendor, meaning it's not based on my part template, I can just load in all of the necesarry parameters in with one macro. Then fill these parameters with required data with another macro that applies and deletes relations afterwards leaving just a timestamp, and that way I can inherit any part file, and start making drawing off of it right away.

Solidworks and Pro/E can't be compared that easily as AHK and AutoIt can, but let's not start discussion on that one.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi,

I found a nice way to filter files just adding a pause to the first mapkey. Now it´s more usable, you can select prt, asm, drw, iges, step, etc..

You can even use it to import files in batch mode.

Download the file again, and just replace the mapkeys on config.pro.

Video Link : 5250

Have fun,

Jose

Another possible application is to export all instances of a family table to a neutral format.

God, I´m really happy with my small script now .

Great little tweak to your script, Jose.

I'm glad you've made some progress with your little batch converter.

If I wanted to convert my parts to STEP files all at once I'd also need the script to suppress all hole features for me, cause all my models usually go to a machine shop, but hey that's also possible

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!