cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Loading color.map...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Loading color.map...

I posted this in the systems exploder but got no responses, so I thought I would try here.

I am on Creo 2, build 030 and trying to get my color.map to load. I have the files color.map,color.dmt and appearance.dtmin the D:\cad\creo directory. My personal config.pro contains "pro_colormap_path D:\cad\creo".Upon opening Creo and looking at all options in the cofiguration editor I see two lines in order:

pro_colormap_path $PRO_LOCAL_DRIVE\cad\creo

pro_colormap_path D:\cad\creo

I believe the first line is the "corporate" config.pro and the second is my personal one. Also, $PRO_LOCAL is set to D:. Unfortunately, when I go into RENDER and look at My Appearance, I do NOT see my color.map/appearance.dmt colors. I have to manually load this file each session, which works just fine so I know the files are okay, they just won't load automatically. What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:pdkoren)

I think it started with WF2 but color.map is no longer used. appearance.dmt is the only file that gets loaded in. I am not positive, but I believe that if you want to name your .dtm file something other than appearance.dmt you have to put that it in file path for pro_colormap_path. (ie: D:\cad\creo\color.dmt)

Christopher Rees - Mechanical Engineer - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT 06810 U.S.A.

Might not be that clear, but I DO have an appearance.dtm file in the directory I am setting for pro_colormap_path. I actually started with the color.map file, then made a color.dmt and an appearance.dtm file along the way of trying to get it to load and reading thru posts here...

ptc-778781
4-Participant
(To:pdkoren)

OK, so I realize this response is many years after the original question was posed, but nonetheless, I wanted to reply in case anyone else runs into this. The pro_colormap_path config.pro option will load the .dtm file, as long as the dtm file is specifically named "appearance.dtm". Name it anything else, and pro_colormap_path option won't work. Also, for what it's worth, if a color.map file exists in the same directory as the appearance.dtm file, the color.map seems to get ignored (meaning none of its information is loaded).

Top Tags