cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Locking scale between different models on drawing?

SHOBrad
4-Participant

Locking scale between different models on drawing?

Hi all, first time posting!  I'm auditing some of the work our engineers are doing and I've came across an issue a few times now that I feel should have a solution.  Say we have a sheet metal part with a flat pattern.  When I create the title block, it shows the scale of the model that was active when the title block was created.  No problem there.  But when I add the flat, the scale listed in the lower corner can be changed independently and the title block will still list the 1st models scale.  Views are now out of scale and no 'Scale x:x' is listed with any views.

Is there any way to have a global scale for the drawing that all models are fixed to and the only way to change it would be in the view's properties which would show a 'Scale x:x' with the view?

Sorry if this issue has been covered!

Thanks, Brad

5 REPLIES 5

@SHOBrad wrote:

Hi all, first time posting!  I'm auditing some of the work our engineers are doing and I've came across an issue a few times now that I feel should have a solution.  Say we have a sheet metal part with a flat pattern.  When I create the title block, it shows the scale of the model that was active when the title block was created.  No problem there.  But when I add the flat, the scale listed in the lower corner can be changed independently and the title block will still list the 1st models scale.  Views are now out of scale and no 'Scale x:x' is listed with any views.

Is there any way to have a global scale for the drawing that all models are fixed to and the only way to change it would be in the view's properties which would show a 'Scale x:x' with the view?

Sorry if this issue has been covered!

Thanks, Brad

Hi,

1.] global scale for all drawing models is not implemented (every drawing model has its own drawing scale)

2.] during view creation user can set view scale independent on drawing scale, view scale is displayed below the view

Martin Hanák
SHOBrad
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I completely understand and agree with everything you stated but is there a way to lock them and force a drawing view, regardless of modes to conform to this or have a 'Scale x:x' note with it?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SHOBrad)

Don't know if there is a config to force the appearance of Scale comment, but if you change the default scale of a view, the Scale X.XX will show up. Even if the value is set to what the default is.

@SHOBrad wrote:

I completely understand and agree with everything you stated but is there a way to lock them and force a drawing view, regardless of modes to conform to this or have a 'Scale x:x' note with it?

Hi,

I think you cannot force Creo to create views with 'Scale x:x' note attached to it automatically. User must set it during view creation manually.

1.] maybe a mapkey initiating the view definition and setting this property will solve your problem

2.] maybe you need a tool that checks whether all views have assigned scale (you need to develop application using J-Link, Toolkit...)

Martin Hanák
CoAnl
4-Participant
(To:SHOBrad)

This obviously isn't a perfect solution but, for what its worth, our workaround here for making sure that the default drawing scales of all included models on a page are the same is a simple mapkey that gives us a "&scale for &model_name" note. We place it outside the area of the drawing format so that it doesn't print out but is visible for the designer to see and use as a verification. We do not include these with the drawing format; the designer has to remember to place them so there is admittedly some room for operator error here.

CoAnl_0-1581016510226.png

Top Tags