cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

MBD GDT can't be placed Tangent

jchance
4-Participant

MBD GDT can't be placed Tangent

I have some GD&T that was placed in the model(flatness and parallel).  I can show it on the drawing but there's no way for me to make it tanget to a surface.  I can create the GDT in the drawing(draft) and place it tangent.  

So whats the deal here?  Am i missing something?

See image below.  The one circled in RED is the one that i did in the model.  The one circled in ORANGE is placed via the drawing.  

ALSO, 

doing GDT in the newer versions of creo is an absolute mess.  its so buggy.  Its taking me over 30 minutes to put a handful of GDT in the model and get it to accurately show on the drawing.  Also my flags no longer snap to a snap line.  

2 REPLIES 2
ndele
9-Granite
(To:jchance)

Hey Jchance,

There might be a better way, but I came up with two workarounds.

1. Create a snap line with 0 offset, click on the GDT, select 'toggle leader type' (example shown on the right). I think this is the best way so far, as it doesn't remove it's original reference. Could maybe make a mapkey to speed things up.

2. Click on the geotol, select 'Change Reference' (example on the left). Now it can snap tangent to the reference. Depending on where it is placed, it could show the GDT incorrectly, but this method involves less work.

Sorry, no clue about the Datum Feature Simulator snapping though, couldn't find anything in the config file or detail options. GDT sure has changed quite a bit though from previous versions, but I think it's more robust. I too have issues getting the drawing to look exactly how I want it without using drawing datums/GDT. But at least it does tell you if you put in bad information (we had a diameter symbol in one of the GDT and Creo recognized it was wrong).

Cheers,

Nick

jchance
4-Participant
(To:ndele)

Thanks for the response! 

This might be a suitable workaround.

Top Tags