cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

MBD

ptc-5283421
1-Newbie

MBD

Hello guys,

Have any one of you aware of model based dimension? If anyone comes up with the answer will be appreciable!!

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for, but have you checked if PTC University Learning Exchange has useful information for you?

Bettina

I believe you're referring to this concept -

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/design/digital-tolerance

Based on ASME Y14-41.

I've done limited 3D g-tol in creo. Did you have a question?

Hi All,

How to know whether MBD installed or not? I could able to see only "Annotate". Can someone send a example part please....

I tried to add a Dimension, Dimension added. But, not able to see when I click "Show annotations".

Kindly help me please...

Regards

NK

3D Annotations are part of standard Creo functionality. Here is a sample image:example.png

Make sure you have Annotations displayed. (You can also set display_annotations to yes so the button is turned on when you launch Creo.)

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5283421)

Hi,

Setting up MBD is fairly straight forward, however you do need to be familiar with the view manager. The All tab is the main one to help you out with MBD. This allows you to combine view states such as orientation, simp-rep, Sections, Styles and layers. You also can add annotations to the specific combined views that you create.  Make sure that you tick the box which says display combined views. This gives you tabs along the bottom of your main model screen and allows you to work quickly between these view configurations.

Dimensions are added from the annotations tab as has been mentioned. Take care to make the annotation plane in the correct orientation for the view as the text can be upside down or backwards. A bit of practice will sort that out. Don't be tempted to leave orientation <as_is> the model will change uncontrollably.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags