Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

Re: MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

If you want more help with this you can create a new discussion for just the problem you have. This thread is a general complaint thread, not one for finding solutions.

Windchill is a PDM system, not a CAD system, so I'm unsure how to translate your view of the desired input and resulting output. A cleaner description would help.

Creo Parametric is a procedural modeler - it isn't a timeline as much as a procedural sequence. Just like 99.9% of other programming languages, it hasn't got parallelism or out-of-sequence evaluation. You can re-order the sequence, create sub-sequences (subassemblies), and so on.

Generally PTC models are built to represent realizable items - most assemblies are built one component at a time, and there is no reason a real assembly cannot be built that way so it makes a useable scheme for managing models.

Hi Brian,

Any chance you can post the dimensions to that model. I'd like something simple like this to use for an internal FAQ for shells. For whatever reason i see nothing problematic in my visually recreated version of the geometry hence i'd like to have the exact dimensions to then be able to better communicate the appropriate methods to adopt for it.

Hope you can oblige me, you sound like you're really hating Creo right now.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

13. When pressed Esc buton  while in skecth mode, Creo will go out without asking to confim it. On other hand, it asks to confirm cancel command even when it is not needed.

If you add any references or any geometry, the sketch wont exit directly. Unchanged sketch interface will exit.

19. Why do I have to select part before assigning color?

If it is applying selected colour directly to entire part, It will be difficult for you to apply separate colour on a selected surface.

15. With AMD graphics cards, model three window goes black an you have to click on each item/feature blindly until they show up.

I am using workstation Dell. Didn't felt any problem related to graphics as is now. I am not clearly understanding the problem also.

What is wrong using CRTL and SHIFT buttons if you want to select certain surfaces only? How often do you change color on surfaces instead of whole part?

Highlighted

I am using DELL WS as well. It does not matter if you use WS or not. It is related to GPU drivers.

Not true. You can work for days, put as many entities as you want but if you press ESCAPE on keyboard Creo exits sketch mode without confirmation and sketch is gone for good.

I attempted to reproduce this but was unable to -- either making or editing a section, having made some change, the Escape key behaved identically to the X cancel button, putting up a confirmation popup.  Could you possibly provide Tech Support with a demonstration of the problem, so it can be fixed?

Before replying I checked the ESC option and I given the reply. In my case what Matthew said is happening. One more information i can give you.

While closing creo one popup window for confirmation will come. We can set options to disable the popup. That means direct close.

Any similar settings are there for sketcher that i am not sure.