Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

Re: MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

No comments. How it is supposed to behave in case of assemblies? Can u suggest.Hold control/ shift to select parts?

Ya related to graphics the graphics matters.

I am using Intel precision T360 equipped with Quadro. 4Gb

For basic machines (Assembled) this link might be useful

How to Set graphics in Creo 2.0 - YouTube

Hello everyone!

I've been working every day on Creo for a year now. I've used SolidWorks, AutoCAD, OnShape (very interesting and fresh) and Creo (2.0 and 3.0).

I can tell that Creo has been the most frustrating CAD experience I've ever had.

For creating a tangent/angle plane, a surface, holes, assembly (copy/paste parts, assign mates, change colors, modify an early copy part without affecting the latest...), wraps around surface, carve letters on cylinders and many more features; I need a parade of clicks and Ctrls, almost ALL in a certain order!!

It's amazing how all other CAD software are intuitive and have a smooth interaction between features and modifications. On the other hand, using Creo, almost every day I have to look for a tutorial or access this site in order to do something.

The software is good, but lately, I spend more time looking for tutorials and related usage information than working.

Get your things together PTC.

Regards,

CC

I know this reply is to a old post but the same is true today.

PTC has not improved. It's no wonder Solidworks, NX have kicked its butt. 

UDFI my friend UDFI

Highlighted

Gratifying to know others get annoyed about the measure dimension getting hidden behind the dialog box.  I thought I was just doing something stupid.  It happens every time and very frustrating.  But I suppose if that is the worst thing that happens on this fine Monday morning I'll survive another day....

Hi Danilo

I understand your pain, but these shortcuts might help you a little

regarding #4 we can set the config option measure_dialog_expand to yes, & measure results are also shown in the same dialog box

measure.JPG

& for #9, we prefer to create our personal tab with all the frequently used commands. With personal tabs open we are able to select table/view/annotations or draft entities without switching to different tabs. (We also move the tab to top of order so when a drw file is opened, we are in personal tab by default) 

drw_tab.JPG

Regards

Pushkar

I used AutoIt to move windows out of the way; mostly to the second screen, but also to fix the pop-under mode that PTC favored for a long time.The AutoIt program would just sit and wait for any of a list of windows to become Active and then move it to associated coordinates. It did not work to wait for windows to Exist as many windows PTC used already exist and were just held off-screen until needed.

Since Nov 6, 2012, this post had been viewed for 147674 times! Wonder why so big number ...

Unlike Windows programs, Creo (ProEngineer came from Unix environment) still has all those "bad habits" of not communicating with user in efficient way. And they are at level 4 now!

Everything.