Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

Re: MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

Well, looks like you gave it a fair shake...3 months and you should be an expert, just like in SW.

Time to move on.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Point is that you can not judge software after you have used other CAD system for so long. It takes many more hours to be objective for that matter.

I really don't understand how someone can come here and cry for not able to make one simple two point axis!? You probably wanted that Creo work in same manner like SW? Maybe one day...

Recently I was forced to make some 2D/3D in Solidworks and that was my most frustrating experience in years. That not gave me idea to go to SW forum and cry about it.

Oh I ended up figuring it out, of course, and the "hour to make an axis" part is called hyperbole, but I thought this thread was titled "annoying things about Creo"?

So let me re-phrase my original complaint: "all the clicks have to be in a different order, and you have to make twice as many of them, to achieve the same result."

You clearly missed some posts, so let me re-post my answer:

You can also first pick the two points, then click on the Datum Axis Tool.

That's 3 clicks (and holding down the CTRL-button when selecting the points)

That's as close as to your wanted workflow as it can get. Try it 🙂

Point is that there is not extra click in order to get two point axis.

To contribute in thread titled "annoying things about Creo" you have to give some real annoyance, not something that is caused by your ignorance. 

"I probably know far more about SolidWorks than you know about Creo."

I'll take that bet, and you'll lose.

I'm going to post some STEP files here, and dare you to faithfully recreate them.  All the people on the S/Q forums couldn't, or if they came even close, they used 3 times the features and it wasn't as modifyable or robust.  Like I said, S/Q lacks the tools I'll use to create them.

There's a reason the US gov't (Navy, NASA, DOE - I've worked at all 3) uses creo or NX instead of S/Q for aerospace work etc..

I started using AutoCAD in '86, mastered that, took it far beyond where it's 3D capabilities should allow it to go, then switched to Pro/E in '96.  Now I'm using NX for now, but still have creo 3 on my system, and while I don't like the NX UI, it's far more powerful than S/Q.

Congratulations!

I'm going to provide some STEP files generated in SW which I dare you to create faithfully. Proves nothing.

I know what. Instead of spending your time trying to pretend you’re better then everyone by criticising them, why don’t you use your vast experience to actually help them?

I'll guarantee there isn't anything you can do in S/Q that I can't reproduce in less features.  Also, if you'd actually been paying attention, I've been on this board for YEARS helping (though I won't do it FOR them), most recently with the fuselage problem.

I'll be posting step files soon there kiddo.  Surprised you actually ventured out of your safe space....

OK, I changed my mind. The most annoying thing about Creo are the forum users like Frank and Vitomir that believe because THEY are experts, your frustrations are invalid.

Dude, I get it. You can pick an axis with the same amount of clicks. But you have to pick them THIS way, and I learned to pick them THAT way. Ergo, I find it annoying. It's a subjective reaction. You probably find things in Solidworks annoying that are second nature to me.
Highlighted

Then it's annoying because of YOU, not the software.  😉

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!