Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

Re: MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

I agree. This old thread has become thinner than diarrhoea!

wrote:

I agree. This old thread has become thinner than diarrhoea!

Agreed. I think Frank is trying to ensure nobody ever reads anything negative about Creo ever again!

Please feel free to ask questions, preferably in a new post. We are more than willing to help.

If you don't need help and only want to complain, you will find lots of compassion on the SW forums.

There are 1000's of product ideas here were constructive criticism is what it's all about. Feel free to "vote up" the ones you would like to see implemented or make your own when you don't find what you are looking for.

The sooner you move past "I did it in SW this way, why doesn't it work that way in Creo", the sooner you will start making progress learning the software and you can add xx number of years on Creo to your resume that will make you a more valuable asset to your employer or to your future prospective employers.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Stephen thank you for your reply. This is the support I expect most of those who visit this thread are looking for.

We understand that our frustration will hopefully be short lived.

When you have been using a CAD tool for a years you forget about 'how' it works and just focus on designing. Then you change to a new CAD system and it can be hugely irritating to be struggling with even basic functions. So people visit forums like this to vent their frustration and hopefully take comfort that they are not alone. 

I have good days and bad days.Sometimes I could happily throw the workstation out the window. Hopefully the bad days will come fewer with experience.

Again, 100% incorrect.  If you'd actually look into the forums, I've been extremely vocal in my criticism about certain things in creo (the dreaded ribbon), and especially critical of Windchill.  A lot of the creo issues have been fixed compared to the early creo version I was stuck on.  In fact, I really like creo3.

I've got one over on you there then! 🙂

We're using creo 3.

I'd also like to thank you @StephenWilliams.

Your's is the most considered and constructive post in this thread since 2012!

Ummm, you missed where I said I liked creo3?  I have it, NX 8.5 (old), and S/Q 2014 loaded.

For you, there is a way to turn on the "neon" highlight you're used to in SW (and I actually like in creo):

For those that are using neon effect here are some extra neon display control options (the first one, and any others you want need to be in your "config.pro" file):

enable_selection_glow yes

glow_blur_radius 1

glow_blur_sigma internal

glow_blur_type internal

glow_line_width 2

glow_blur_radius:
width of the blur, but is dependent on the glow_line_width

glow_blur_sigma:
default value was 6.3.
0 gives no highlight
1 barely any glow, only a thicker line
3 starts to show a glow
6 default look
12 getting toward a more flat look
24+ gives same basic effect to the glow_blur_type -1

glow_blur_type:
1 fading glow, further from line, less intense
-1 flat glow, more like a wide-transparent flat line behind selected object (my preference now)

glow_line_width:
width of the base highlight line that is blurred. when blur-radius = 1 the selection will be wide and opaque. when blur-radius larger, the glow-line will be more transparent but the wider the line_width the more opaque the highlight appears.

Highlighted

13. When pressed Esc buton while in skecth mode, Creo will go out without asking to confim it. On other hand, it asks to confirm cancel command even when it is not needed.

Insert this in config.pro:

allow_confirm_window  yes