Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

Re: MOST ANNOYING THINGS WITH CREO

creo direct is mainly for non-native CAD data....

everyone still uses the old hat.....

Unigraphics is now called Siemens NX, using a Parasolid kernel. Solid Edge used to be owned by Intergraph and uses an ACID kernel. What makes you think Unigraphics was turned into Solid Edge?

Just to clarify, Unigraphics is Siemens high end cad system and Solid Edge is their mid-range cad system. Solid Edge did not replace Unigraphics.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Hi Stephen, knoweledge corrections always welcome, many thanks.

Frank, unfortunately, the geometry is intentional. I've modeled parts similar to this in other CAD packages and never had issues.
CREO struggles in general with blends, sweeps and extrudes working together. It also struggles with giving the operator control over the direction of the surfaces as compared to other packages, but I expect that.

There should be no inability of CREO to perform what I'm asking. I suspect that this is a bug rearing its head as a result of poor investment in surface definition programming.

I eventually conceded and built the entire solid using surfaces, trimmed them together and created a solid from the final surface.

CREO can handle the surfaces, though poorly, i.e. extra steps to arrive at the desired result.

Here are some results:

Valve_2.JPGValve_3.JPG

Nope. Any thickness fails.

Creo Elements/Direct, formally know as CoCreate, does not use a parametric approach. It has been around since the early 90's and is a fully functional CAD software using a direct modeling method. In 2008 PTC bought CoCreate because it saw a need for direct functionality in Parametric. That is where the commands in the flexible modeling tab have come from and Creo Direct is being developed to have all/most of the functionally of Creo Elements/Direct.

tell something which is not known.

the best software in direct modelling is Spaceclaim..now part of ansys.

Spaceclaim founders have also worked at PTC....

Solidworks founders have also been at PTC

LOL

Spaceclaim is a nice toy, has some very nice features (especially if you do FEA), and it definately has potential... but it is still years away from being a full CAD modeller.