cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Merging an assembled model in creo parametric

ptc-5225962
1-Newbie

Merging an assembled model in creo parametric

Hi friends,

I am new to this comunity and new to creo 2.0 as well.I am trying out a assembly model and want to export it to ansys14 as igs file.I found somewhere that ansys takes single part model and hence I have to merge the parts of the assemble.Although I tried to follow a link http://www.codexcreo.com/component_merge.html to settle the problem but it did not help me much.

Also,I tried to create a single part in creo but whenever I export it to ansys,it automatically break into multiparts(as if I created an assembly).Please friends,if anyone can help me...how do I tackle this problem

Thank you in advance

Shikha Bhuyan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

One way to achieve what you want might be to generate a Shrinkwrap (Save A Copy...) of your assembly, then open the Shrinkwrap and save that as an IGES.

Make sure you adjust the options to retain all the important detail of your assembly.

Hello and welcome to the community,

Try to open your assembly, save a copy, iges, pick a name then OK, then in the next window on thefile structure choose One Level option. Try this and send feedback

Hugo

Top Tags