cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Missing GD&T on PDF from drawing export

mwuethrichii
1-Newbie

Missing GD&T on PDF from drawing export

Hello, I am newer to CREO 4.0. When I need to export my drawing to a PDF, my GD&T symbols go missing. Would there be something I need to add in my configuration editor from options? The only way I have found to fix this is to export as a TIFF file.

Thanks

36 REPLIES 36

Hi,

please attach picture of Creo window and picture of window showing PDF contents.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hey Steven,

Correct. Every symbol (perpendicularity, concentricity, etc.), it does not show up. See the image.

Thanks

plate.png

This is from the drawing view.

plate color.png

Steven's settings show that he's using Stroke Non TrueType Fonts - are you using that, or Stroke All Fonts?

These symbols probably do not exist in TrueType fonts, so you need to allow Creo to 'plot' them directly which is what these options do.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:mwuethrichii)

We overlooked some aspects of how the new symbol fonts would need support in Interface, and we've had a couple fixes in this vicinity (PDF export of special/symbol font characters) in M010 and M020.  Are you running in F000 or M010?  If in M010, and you'd like to know whether M020 addresses it, if you could file an SPR, I could check it and either ease your mind or look into getting it fixed in M020 before it ships.

Hey Matthew,

I would not know which one I have. I will file a SPR in the future, cause I do have to manually click Stroke All Fonts to make the PDF match the Creo drawing.

Thanks,

Correct.

Hi,

you can also test setting drawing option symbol_font  legacy as mentioned in Re: Cannot figure out why when we plot our drawings our symbols show up below the text or at the bottom of the dimension… discussion.

MH

Martin Hanák

Mark,

Please try to move the GD&T symbol in separate layer and use Layer save status before exporting to pdf

Hello,

I created a new layer, however, I am not familiar with "layer save status" where do i find that?

Go to layer tree, RMB and then you will see third last option is Save status. See image

Layer Save status.png

Hey Steven,

My settings match yours, except under fonts: I have USE TRUE TYPE FONTS.2017-04-27 08_37_00-PDF Export Settings.png

Hi,

set Stroke All Fonts option and export PDF.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hey Martin,

Yes, I got the symbols to show on the PDF, Thanks! I clicked  Stroke All Fonts.

Thanks again

TomU
23-Emerald IV

All GD&T symbols in Creo 4.0 use the new Arial WGL TrueType font.  They should go into the PDF just fine regardless of PDF output settings.  Are you using Creo 4.0 F000 or M010?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Actually, this is not correct.  The default font for Creo 4.0 is indeed the new Arial WGL font but the GD&T symbols actually use the SYMBOL font.

(This is using Creo 4.0 F000.)

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Suddenly I am able to reproduce this.  Trying to figure out what changed...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm still not entirely sure how I'm creating this condition, but once it happens the PDF output settings don't fix it.  (Again, this is F000.)

Use TrueType Fonts

Stroke All Fonts

Stroke Non TrueType Fonts

Edit:  It's supposed to look like this:

This is basically what I'm getting as well on Creo 4.0 M010. I can stroke all fonts, but the result looks horrible (like all line thicknesses double on the fonts). It appears Creo 4 no longer has the Stroke Non TrueType Fonts option. The only options are 'Use TrueType Fonts' and 'Stroke All Fonts'. When 'Stroke All Fonts' is selected, there is an additional option to Add Searchable Text. The option that fixed this problem in Creo 3 (Stroke Non TrueType Fonts) is missing in Creo 4 M010.

This is an unfortunate surprise when deadlines are missed because the PDF output was bad on something was fine the last time it was output to PDF.

If I change the drawing detail option 'symbol_font' from 'ASME' to 'LEGACY', this seems to solve the problem.

Hi,

in my clean CR4 M010 installation i can see this dialog box

pdf.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Wow. That's strange. I have a clean installation as well of M010 and it is not there.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:aeromorrison)

By clean install, NO config.pro, config.sup or .ui (user customization).

Yes. Here is what mine looks like with no config.pro, config.sup, or .ui.

Creo 4 M010

PDF_export_Creo4-M010-clean.png

Hi,

in my terminology CR4 M010 clean installation means that I did not do upgrade from CR4 F000.

BTW ... I have a short config.pro, I can search it tomorrow and let you know.

MH

Martin Hanák

I didn't upgrade either from F000. I went from Creo 3 directly to Creo 4 M010 with a complete un-installation and subsequent purge of all traces of Creo 3 prior to the installation.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

That's too interesting not to look into.  I've tracked down the two flavors of the PDF settings dialog, and will ask the applicable developer for the details.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mender)

For this third option to be visible, the config option intf2d_out_pdf_stroke_non_ttf has to be set to yes.  I'm guessing Martin Hanak‌ has this enabled in one of his config files.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Yes, the option intf2d_out_pdf_stroke_non_ttf yes is present my config.pro file.

I added it because I read https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS205845 document in the past.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags