cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Missing GD&T on PDF from drawing export

mwuethrichii
1-Newbie

Missing GD&T on PDF from drawing export

Hello, I am newer to CREO 4.0. When I need to export my drawing to a PDF, my GD&T symbols go missing. Would there be something I need to add in my configuration editor from options? The only way I have found to fix this is to export as a TIFF file.

Thanks

36 REPLIES 36
mender
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi all!  Confirming what everyone already figured out.  Some additional info:  the hidden config was put in to avoid changing the content + documentation of the dialog in mid-release.  Unlike some hidden options, it is fully supported.  In Creo 5, it is removed and the option is always available in 2D PDF export settings.  Seeing this thread, we reviewed the matter, and decided there is no need for the option to be hidden, so it will be made visible in Creo 4 M030.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mender)

Making the option visible is great, but please consider making it the default behavior in Creo 5 without needing the option.  This was already requested once for 4.

Make "Stroke Non TrueType Fonts" the default behavior for Creo 4  For those who can't access the sneak peek area I will repost it below.

(Also take a look at this related idea: Creo View Adapters - Support Mixed True Type Fonts for PDF Output)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make "Stroke Non TrueType Fonts" the default behavior for Creo 4

The hidden config option "intf2d_out_stroke_text" was added to Creo 3.0 M060 to provide the abilty to create a PDF that exactly matches what Creo generates during printing.  With this enabled, TrueType fonts are output where available and all non-TrueType fonts (or special characters) are stroked.  (No substitution.)  In Creo 3 it made sense to hide this option since it was a change in functionality.  In Creo 4 this should be the default behavior for "Use TrueType Fonts".  The font output to a PDF should exactly agree with what is printed without having to locate and enable this hidden config option.  This would bring PDF creation inline with current printing behavior.

Furthermore, if this functionality cannot be made the default behavior and must remain a separate selection during output, then an option needs to be added to the different APIs to allow setting this via automation. (Toolkit, etc.)

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS205845

I agree. The default should be something that actually results in a complete PDF 'out of the box'.

Thanks for the discussion and making the issue and go-forward solution very clear, though.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

You don't need the config option in Creo 5, but currently the default OOTB behavior is unchanged, and you need to use PDF Export Settings (or perhaps can use an export profile?  not sure) to get it.  I will refer the request to the product owner.

[Edit:  The product owner agreed this would be the best approach for Creo 5, so barring any unexpected developments, you can look forward to it being made the default behavior there.]

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Please tell Raphael thank you! 

mender
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Will do!  Actually to Mark Fischer.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Okay, him too!