cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Missing lines issue in drawing

bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Missing lines issue in drawing

Hi,

Below is a drawing on "Follow Environment" display style:

1.png

If display style changed to "No Hidden", some lines were disappeared as below"

2.png

This issue happened before.

Appreciate if you can help me to fix this problem

Regards,

Bill Xu

8 REPLIES 8
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:bxu)

Hi,

check your assembly for global inteferences. This can be source of your problem.

MH

Martin Hanák
bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Martin,

You are right.

After I check "Global Inteferences", the lines appear.

Thanks,

Bill

bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Martin,

It's like the issue was fixed yesterday after I check Global Intefereances. But it still there again when I open the drawing today, and I did try to check Global Inteferances, no lucky to fix this issue.

I don't know why ?

Thanks,

Bill

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

if interferences are detected in the assembly then 3D view can be displayed incorrectly. You have to remove interferences, if you want to display correct 3D view on the drawing.

Note: The root of your problem can be something else. Without your data, it is difficult to give you the right answer.

MH

Martin Hanák
drawlins
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you for this response Martin.  I had been pulling my hair out wondering why my lines were disappearing on the drawing.  After running a global interference check, I changed the dimensions on a part and it solved the issue.  But the interference that was causing the issue was due to an "interference" press fit of 2 parts.  Is there any way around the issue if I want to leave the interference in place?  Thanks for any advice in advance.

Don

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:drawlins)

Probably the simplest method is to make your interference fit component (say a pressed in bearing) flexible and adjust the dimension in the assembly so it doesn't affect the actual part file.

drawlins
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Awesome Stephen!  Thank you! Simple answer and I should have thought of that but it should solve the problem perfectly.

Thank you.

Don

Hi,

maybe you can resolve interference by adding assembly cut.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags