cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Nominal Dimensions Change Unexpectedly

BobCondra
1-Newbie

Model Nominal Dimensions Change Unexpectedly

I have a sketch that has the diameter controlled by the left circle in the sketch. I want this dimension to be now controlled by the right circle in the sketch. When I change the reference dimension on the right circle to “strong”, the dimension actually changes from .1505 to .151. Take a look at the pictures.
[cid:image002.jpg@01CF9441.42A294D0]

[cid:image004.jpg@01CF9441.42A294D0]

[cid:image006.jpg@01CF9441.42A294D0]

What can I do to prevent this from incorrectly rounding the dimension to a different value?

If I have four1/16” dimensions next to each other, and then if they get inadvertently rounded (without me catching the error), my fourth modeled feature is now off by .002” – severely affecting the design intent.

Regards,

Bob

Bob Condra

Mechanical Engineer

Trijicon, Inc.

248-960-7700 Ext.1147

49385 Shafer Avenue | P.O. Box 930059

Wixom, Michigan 48393 US

- | www.trijicon.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Check Config option - default_dec_places

Also,look atFile, Options under "Sketcher"... "number of decimal places for dimensions"

It appears as though you arerounding up to a set 2 place dim once it is made strong.

Top Tags