cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Model color in drawing views

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Model color in drawing views

One of our departments has requested that drawing views use the model color rather than the default object line color (white).

Short of adding default views to their templates and setting the view display to get color from the model (which may be problematic for the department in question) is there a way to set this up? Looking through the .dtl file gets me no where.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DonSenchuk)

I found nothing in the list of .dtl settings to do this. The only way seems to be to add the view settings to a view on your template.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

Setting the View Displayto have thecolor come from the modelis the only way I know to do that.

And...I do not know a way (drawing option setting) to automatically set it.

I think your idea of creating a template/saved viewsfor "their" drawings might be the only path to success on this one.

Top Tags