cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model dimension will not show on drawing.

Moonstone

Hey there,

I ran across this today, I have a model with a sketch. The sketch has dimensions in it. When I try to show those dimensions on my drawing view, all the dimensions EXCEPT one appear. The dimension that wont show in drawing is not erased or deleted.
I have also tried saving, regenerating, and some other things to get it to appear, but nothing.

Any ideas? Including a screen shot if that helps.

-marc

Trimark Values: Integrity Respect Accountability Innovative Teamwork

[cid:image001.png@01CF855D.F98B9180]
14 REPLIES 14

It's shown in a different view.

It's in a different view but was erased (you didn't say which version you're on so this could make a difference).

Try using the find tool in drawing mode.

If not then create a new one in the sketch and delete the old one. Show annotations as usual.

I think that you "might" be experiencing a True View issue. Many times the
desired dimension will not show up if you don't have an appropriate view.

Michael P. Locascio

RE: Model dimension will not show on drawing.

Most of the time, unviewable dimensions I've come across are either already shown or shown then erased, are in a note, or are inappropriate based on the view orientation.

Create a new drawing and a new view; it doesn't need a format and try to show the dimension there. I think there's an option to show dimensions in a trimetric; it must be a drawing option, not a config option as I don't see it in the config options list. This should eliminate already-shown and mis-orientation as problems, plus there's no notes so no interference from them.

If it shows there then you can add the new drawing sheet to the existing drawing and see if the dimension remains. If the dimension doesn't survive the transplant then look to see if it is already shown or is in a note. Maybe the view it's shown in is erased.

If it survives the transplant then you should get a more descriptive message when you try to move it to the view you want it in about orientation problems.

Nothing more frustrating then quiet failure; wouldn't a message like 5 dimensions in feature XYZ were available to Show, 2 already shown in View ABC, 1 not shown due to view orientation mismatch to dimension orientation, 2 dimensions shown in selected view. be helpful?

Import from Solid Works

List users,

We have some legacy data in Solid Works sldprt files, but no longer have an active Solid Works license, and no one who really knows Solid Works either. I'd like to gain access to some of these files even if only for refference for an up coming project. Do I have any import options that does not involve getting a Solid Works license? Is there any cheap/free 3rd party ap that can convert sldprt to igs or stp?

Thanks
Chris O

Import from Solid Works

If you're using Creo 2, you can open SolidWorks files - it comes in as an import feature - no feature data, but it is as good as a STP...

-Nate

Import from Solid Works

Just checked - WF5 will also open native SWX parts, but not WF4.

Import from Solid Works

I’m on Creo 2. I don't see the option for opening Solidworks Files. I do get an option for opening Inventor files but I have a (mostly unused) license for inventor on my machine.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

RE: Import from Solid Works

I think you have to have SolidWorks installed to have the optoin to open SolidWorks files directlly.

Import from Solid Works

I checked with another user here who does have SolidWorks installed and he has the option for opening Solidworks files directly.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)