cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Modelling of Rubber components

SwapnilKadu
1-Newbie

Modelling of Rubber components

Hello PTC team,

Here in my organization we want to create a rubber boot. For that boot when it is called in an assembly we want to change it's length & 2 diameters but at the same time want to keep the volume of that boot constant.

In short we want the boot to have constant weight even if anyone changes the dimension as per his requirement.

Let me know if any more information is required from me.

Thanks,

Swapnil

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SwapnilKadu)

I am not familiar with flexible parts, but have you searched under this topic? I think I remember reading some post with a constant volume before, have you searched for this topic also?

Thanks, Dale

Hmmmm, creating the part and assigning pre-defined flexibility to modify the length and diameters at assembly is easy enough, keeping the volume the same is going to be the trick. You MIGHT be able to get there using equations in relations, and a perimeter dimension the sketched section.

Unless you absolutely NEED the equal volume (doubt it), you can fudge it easily with flexible dimensions, set at assembly.

Top Tags