cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modifiy dim, and text justification from imported dxf file.

rdattilo
4-Participant

Modifiy dim, and text justification from imported dxf file.

Hello;

I'm a Solidworks designer, using Creo 2.0 to create Cgm files for a customer. I export a dxf from Solidworks, then do some fixes, then insert the file into Creo & do some fixes, as find missing duel dims & the brackets with the text in different justification. I can double click the dim lines, & then go to display & input the missing dims & brackets, but I can't seem to find the option to changes the justification. Can any one give me a tip on this?

Thanks in advance,

Rob_D Creo 2.0

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rdattilo)

It might help if you included a screenshot of your problem.

I know dual dimensioning always lines up with the other dimension and I do not believe that is modifiable

justify.jpg.

rdattilo
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hello;

The main issue is for example the dxf is center justified. When I insert it into Creo the dim is right justified. I'd like to simple match the original drawing which, is center justified, & although I'm finding some edit capability like double clicking & choosing display, I'm not finding the way to modify the justification.

Thanks for the reply

Rob_D

2018-11-13_1441.png2018-11-13_1454.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rdattilo)

To the best of my knowledge, Creo will not center justify on dual dimensions. For whatever reason, it doesn't justify the dual dim, only additional the text. It's always been that way. One of those silly things that just doesn't make sense.

If you are going to be using Creo, you will drive yourself bonkers trying to make your drawing look like solidworks.

justify.jpg

rdattilo
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hello;

Okay, that lets me know that I'll  probably just have to live with the justification being different. It's not a night & day issue, but I would of liked to have represented the original as close as possible.

Thanks,

Rob_D

Top Tags