cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mouse 4/5

ptc-5106740
1-Newbie

Mouse 4/5

I recently aqquired a mouse with side buttons at work, and I was wondering if there's a way to make them switch pages in a set of drawings (much like the default web page use of back/forward).

I can't install any software without extensive IT involvement, so a Pro/E setting change would work best. We're (still) on WF4.

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5106740)

If you have a mouse driver, it may have the ability to program the buttons by application. I use an Evoluent mouse and it's mouse driver will let me assign 38 functions to each of 6 buttons per application. Twelve of those functions are F1 through F12.

I have not tried it but it should be possible to make a Pro/E mapkey to assign one function key to page forward and another to page back, then assign the mouse to call those function keys in Pro/E.

In Reply to Aaron Winslow:

I recently aqquired a mouse with side buttons at work, and I was wondering if there's a way to make them switch pages in a set of drawings (much like the default web page use of back/forward).

I can't install any software without extensive IT involvement, so a Pro/E setting change would work best. We're (still) on WF4.

Thanks.

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

It is (or at least was - WF4) certainly possible to create mapkeys for 'next sheet' and 'previous sheet'.

Jonathan

Is there a way to make the mapkey not pull up the dialog box for "Go to sheet..."?

When I do it that way, it interrupts my other mapkeys...

Thanks.

Here's a sample of my current mapkey:

mapkey $F11 @MAPKEY_NAMEGoes back one page in 2D.;@MAPKEY_LABELBack;\

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5106740)

My next sheet / previous sheet mapkeys us the old MENU MANAGER so it doesn't use the go to sheet option.

mapkey > @MAPKEY_LABELNext Sht;\
mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_NAMEGo to the next drawing sheet (d);%~done; #Sheets; #Next;

mapkey < @MAPKEY_LABELPrev Sht;\
mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_NAMEGo to the previous drawing sheet (d);%~done; %~done; #Sheets;\
mapkey(continued) #Previous;

Top Tags