cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Moving parts/assemblies to different layers

kdupuis
1-Newbie

Moving parts/assemblies to different layers

Hello,

My question is this.  How do I take parts or assemblies of parts and place them on a layer I choose.

The reason I need to do this is my job requires me to illustrate certain components from larger models and I'd like to be able to only see the parts I want to see instead of everything.  I have been given Creo Parametric 2.0 to do this with.  My counterparts use Creo View MCAD and they have told me they can selectively select certain components of an assembly and isolate them using and "Isolate" button.  Or another way they do this is when they select the components they want, they can 'save selected' into a pvz file which is then brought into isodraw for illustrating.  When I select the components I want and save a pvz file, it won't save just the selected components but the entire model which will make to much work in Isodraw to remove.  I was told that Creo Parametric 2.0 would be able to do everything Creo View could and more so I was supplied with this program instead of View.

The end result of my question is this, I want to be able to open a model, select the components I want and save them to a pvz file.

I can then bring the pvz file into Isodraw for the next steps of the process.

I figured since Creo Parametric 2.0 does not have the same Isolate button, moving items to layers and hiding them would be the next best thing.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kdupuis)

The quick way to do this in Creo 2 is to not use layers, use simplified reps. It is a very similar process to isolate in creo view

Select the parts/assy's you want to show, right click and select REPRESENTATION  and then MASTER. This creates a temporary, on demand simplified representation that isolates the components you have selected. Save as .PVZ

If you need to make another , reset the view by going to the view manager, select the simp rep tab, then double click master rep.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kdupuis)

The quick way to do this in Creo 2 is to not use layers, use simplified reps. It is a very similar process to isolate in creo view

Select the parts/assy's you want to show, right click and select REPRESENTATION  and then MASTER. This creates a temporary, on demand simplified representation that isolates the components you have selected. Save as .PVZ

If you need to make another , reset the view by going to the view manager, select the simp rep tab, then double click master rep.

Top Tags