cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Multiple Views

HamsterNL
18-Opal

Multiple Views

This question was also asked about 3,5 years ago: Multiple-views-in-one-window

At that time, the anwser was no.

But is this possible nowadays?

I want to show multiple views in MBD, just like you can show multiple drawing views on a drawing.

Why? I don't want our users to search for the correct MBD view to get the dimension they are looking for.

(Did the enigeer put this dimension in the front view? Or the section view? Or the top view?)

If not, then MBD might not be very productive for us...

3 REPLIES 3
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:HamsterNL)

No, there is no viewport type of ability. You can open multiple windows of the same part by going into View > Window > New. You can go to different combination states in each window. Not the same I know and very limited. On the other hand, my own view of MBD would have us moving away from view angle based combination states and more to combination states based on the feature definition. The point of MBD is that we are not stuck with 2D views but we still are stuck with the mindset of annotating with that limitation.

@rreifsnyder, thanks for chipping in!

Seems like we'll need to wait for some more improvements...

Unfortunately is not a problem of mindset, is a problem of CREO, because i.e in a complex diecast housing, can happen, that is needed to present area of functionality, that involve multiple correlated feature, and put all in a single prospective view, result in a confusion with too much annotations.

Have a possibility to aggregate various 3d view in a single stage, is fondamental, if we like to expand the use of the mbd approach.

Unfortunately the e-Drawing approach (from Solidworks) is much better.

Top Tags