cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Multiple positioning of an object

GregMerz
1-Newbie

Multiple positioning of an object

Gurus,

In an assembly, I have assembled a component with multiple constraints. To change it's position I enable the constraint with respect to the position that I want the component in. The component rotates about a pivot and is driven by a diameter that is tangent to mutiple datums at different heights. I do not want to drive it by an angle dimension! What would be the best technique for creating an assembly drawing showing the mid position with the min and max positions shown in phanthom, in the same view?

Also, is it possible to create simplified reps or family instances using the different assembly constraint sets?

Thanks,

Using WF4

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Greg,

Just in case it helps point you to a workaround: I've represented multiple positions of components in assemblies (for visual collision checking) by taking a copy of the component's surfaces, then applying a copy-paste-with-move to the surface copy.

Maybe a surface copy can be made to give the phantom display you're after...

HTH!

Top Tags