cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Multiple search in Creo View

Cmo1
1-Newbie

Multiple search in Creo View

Does anyone know if there's a way to search for multiple part numbers in Creo View (.pvz) at the same time?

Yes, you can use the find tool (binoculars icon) for individual part numbers but it would be nice if you could search for multiple part numbers at the same time. Something like comma separated would be ideal (partnumber_x,partnumber_y,etc). I've seen other program where you can use a regex format (partnumber_x|partnumber_y|etc).

I want to avoid multiple searches (and all the button clicks that go with them), when I can easily define a search string ahead of time for multiple parts.

Is there any other way to do this in Creo View? Maybe a script perhaps?

In essence, I'm looking for a quick way to filter a large structure and select only some of the parts.

I have Creo View/Lite 3.0

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cmo1
1-Newbie
(To:Cmo1)

I ended up answering this myself. If you save some XML like below to a file you can import it into Creo View. To import: click the find icon and then the search dropdown menu. Then click manage queries and the load queries. While there's more button clicks then I'd like it does work with large queries (I've tested it with around 100 part numbers). Additionally I've created a nice Excel macro to convert a list of part numbers to this XML format.

Notes: (1) This only works for the "Standard" version from what I can tell (not the Lite version). (2) In the example code below, put your info in between the [BRACKETS].

<query_dictionary>

<simple_query query_name="[QUERYNAME]" query_scope="0" query_multi_id="0" query_domain="mcad" >

<query_line line_param_type="line_instance_match_property" line_param_eval_order="0" line_param_logical="2" comp_param_string="PART_NUMBER" comp_param_prop_value="[PARTNUMBER1]"/>

<query_line line_param_type="line_instance_match_property" line_param_eval_order="1" line_param_logical="3" comp_param_string="PART_NUMBER" comp_param_prop_value="[PARTNUMBER2]"/>

<query_line line_param_type="line_instance_match_property" line_param_eval_order="2" line_param_logical="3" comp_param_string="PART_NUMBER" comp_param_prop_value="[PARTNUMBER3]"/>

</simple_query>

</query_dictionary>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Try the "Color coded search" in Tools Tab. You can add different "Searches" and combine them.

Cmo1
1-Newbie

I ended up answering this myself. If you save some XML like below to a file you can import it into Creo View. To import: click the find icon and then the search dropdown menu. Then click manage queries and the load queries. While there's more button clicks then I'd like it does work with large queries (I've tested it with around 100 part numbers). Additionally I've created a nice Excel macro to convert a list of part numbers to this XML format.

Notes: (1) This only works for the "Standard" version from what I can tell (not the Lite version). (2) In the example code below, put your info in between the [BRACKETS].

<query_dictionary>

<simple_query query_name="[QUERYNAME]" query_scope="0" query_multi_id="0" query_domain="mcad" >

<query_line line_param_type="line_instance_match_property" line_param_eval_order="0" line_param_logical="2" comp_param_string="PART_NUMBER" comp_param_prop_value="[PARTNUMBER1]"/>

<query_line line_param_type="line_instance_match_property" line_param_eval_order="1" line_param_logical="3" comp_param_string="PART_NUMBER" comp_param_prop_value="[PARTNUMBER2]"/>

<query_line line_param_type="line_instance_match_property" line_param_eval_order="2" line_param_logical="3" comp_param_string="PART_NUMBER" comp_param_prop_value="[PARTNUMBER3]"/>

</simple_query>

</query_dictionary>

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

This is very good CMO...I've been creating searches in the past couple weeks to evaluate new workflows! This will be helpful. For our company, we have extremely large structures where all the branch links cannot be loaded up front...the workaround is to create an annotation set in Creo View or a simplified rep from the Creo Parametric side to "preload" what is needed to search against. The search will only execute on loaded branch links and the components residing at the first level of the loaded assembly. (This is specific to Positioning assembly functionality) The neat function about the search UI in Creo View is that you can create a group based on the search. The problem I have is that once I create the group...it cannot be AUTO loaded back into creo view at a later time...unless I preload the links. I've attached the video below showing the workflow...also have an idea submitted for the group autoload functionality. I'm sure other customers will be asking for this once they see how nicely groups can enhance the users ability to manage objects in Creo View! Groups are already saved back into Windchill automatically.

Video Link : 6041

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRyan)

Always multiple ways to skin the cat! In Creo View 3, you can use the search below...basically select the "more" tab in the search UI and paste in your part numbers into the table.

search-list.JPG

Top Tags