cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

NEW VIEWS

dbolden
4-Participant

NEW VIEWS

I want to add a view in my drawing that is normal to the plane I created in my model.  How do I create new views which can be used in a drawing?  If I do not need to do this in the model then let me know.  See the attached model for reference.  I want to be normal to the semi-round keyway so I can show the height.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

I personally wouldn't create it as a model view. I would create an auxillary view in my drawing.

On the layout tab, first select the view the auxillary view would be projected from and then select the auxillary button.

aux-1.jpg

Then pick the normal datum you want to project from.

aux-2.jpg

Then place the view on the side you would like it to be.

aux-3.jpg

You can then turn it in to a general view if you want and move it to the desired location on the drawing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

I personally wouldn't create it as a model view. I would create an auxillary view in my drawing.

On the layout tab, first select the view the auxillary view would be projected from and then select the auxillary button.

aux-1.jpg

Then pick the normal datum you want to project from.

aux-2.jpg

Then place the view on the side you would like it to be.

aux-3.jpg

You can then turn it in to a general view if you want and move it to the desired location on the drawing.

Top Tags