cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Need closed polylines when exporting drw to dwg...

ptc-4838277
1-Newbie

Need closed polylines when exporting drw to dwg...

Hello All,

I hope there is an easy fix for this. When I export 2D drws to dwgs and send them to our sister company who does all of our router work they constantly get open polyline sections instead of a single closed section when they open in AutoCAD to get the files ready to cut. I have searched through the export settings and the data exchange options and nothing has popped out at me that will fix this. At the moment when we exchange files the guy on the other end has to open it in Rhino fix the open polys and then send it to AutoCAD.

I would appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

I just went through this. They should accept arcs, lines, ellipses... etc... but splines need to be converted to polylines. The default it spline. Use the File>Export dialog and select DXF. Under Settings, you get the opportunity to change the export options.

export_dxf.PNG

...and welcome to the forum!

Hi,

This is propably just another accuracy problem.

Make sure the accuracy of the model is set to absolute 0.001 (mm) at least. Even imported model data should export to *.dwg drawing file just fine.

...and Rhino ftw.

I will give the accuracy a shot and get back with you.

I always convert to polylines when exporting to dwg or dxf so I dont think that that is the problem. I also need to go and make sure there is no user error on the other end!

pgeorge
7-Bedrock
(To:James62)

Top Tags