cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Need to create a company logo to put into the drawing title block

stevei
5-Regular Member

Need to create a company logo to put into the drawing title block

Hi, our company have only just moved to Creo.

I'm trying to create drawing sheets A4 to A1.

I've started to make the A3 sheet and have a title block made up from a table.

How do i create our company logo and add it into the cell within the title block?

An idiots guide would be really useful....thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Sanath
16-Pearl
(To:stevei)

@stevei, You can create a custom symbol (Company Logo) - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS147882

Insert the created custom symbol in the table cell - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS79011

Hope this helps.

If you can get your hands on a DWG file of your company logo, I find that it's easier to copy the logo from there. Making a symbol from the logo is a good idea too. 

1. Open your drawing format
  2. Open your logo DWG as a drawing
  3. Access the newly created drawing
  4. Copy the logo (hold left ALT before selecting to make it easier)
  5. Return to the drawing format
  6. Paste the logo
  7. Scale as necessary

I've attached a quick video of this process for your reference. The hardest part is getting a DWG of the logo.

I found that going one step deeper has been very useful. I created a sketch of our company logo, with the fancy lettering and the graphics and all that. Saved that sketch in a safe and accessible place, and used it to create the dwg for the drawing formats and all that.

The sketch is very useful for future projects, because I can bring it in and engrave the company logo onto anything I want. Because it's a sketch it behaves like a raster image and doesn't suffer any undesirable geometric artifacts when enlarged, etc.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

I tried to build a corporate logo one time and after someone from corporate headquarters saw it, I got informed by corporate legal that I was not to do that.

They had paid a large sum of money to create the stylized logo and said that my 'interpretation' of the logo, while intentions were good, could cause  the corporation to lose its copyright protection on the logo. They insisted that only corporate graphics department could give me a file that I could put into the drawing formats. Unfortunately, I could never get them to give me a DXF to import into a CAD system. They had jpeg, pdf and png formats for Word, etc., but would not go to the expense to convert the logo to DXF. 

stevei
5-Regular Member
(To:stevei)

Thanks for your replies.

I've created a new blank drawing sheet using 'format'

I've added a title block and added a company logo as a symbol.

How do i now protect the borders/title block/logo so that they can't be accidentally modified?  

You'll want to put the drawing formats in a directory that your users don't have write access to. Use the config option pro_format_dir to specify the path to your chosen directory. Also, changes to drawing formats while in drawing mode aren't saved. The format is a separate file from the drawing file. 

I'd definitely recommend reading through the Detailed Drawings section of the PTC help documentation.

Link

Ty

@stevei wrote:

Thanks for your replies.

I've created a new blank drawing sheet using 'format'

I've added a title block and added a company logo as a symbol.

How do i now protect the borders/title block/logo so that they can't be accidentally modified?  

Hi,

a small note on the topic ...

Table created in format is copied into every new drawing. Therefore user can modify its contents arbitrarily !!!

Martin Hanák
Top Tags