cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Newbie w/ Productivity Questions

ptc-2833344
1-Newbie

Newbie w/ Productivity Questions

I have used many, many different cad programs. Although Pro/E has been the most frustrating, it is the one my office uses, so I am getting used to it. I have a few questions on things that bother me from a productivity standpoint. 1. Is there anyway to get Pro to remember your last inputs on things like holes and extrusions? (it seems to default to some strange values..) 2. Is there anyway to have the drawings' dimensions come out to different # of decimals than the model or sketch? I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I understand your frustration in using pro/e...its an interesting program compared to say Autodesk inventor and or solidworks. But in terms of setting the number of decimals I believe that is set thru the config.pro file.

I understand your frustration in using pro/e...its an interesting program compared to say Autodesk inventor and or solidworks. But in terms of setting the number of decimals I believe that is set thru the config.pro file.

u can also create dims in drawing if ur using created dimensions and just multiple select all the ones u want 2 decimal places make ur change and multiple select all the dims u want 3 decimal places etc etc. u can multiple select using ur control button or just simply drawing a box with ur pointer and right mousing clicking and hitting properties. and yes, if all ur dims with have the same decimal place number, u can setup ur config.pro file to do that for u. also, if ur using shown dimensions, then yes, u will have to set that up in ur config.pro yes, holes do default to some weird value, but with so many config.pro options pro/e offers, i wouldn't be surprised one bit if u can setup defaults for that too. Carlos
Top Tags