cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Notes - boxed text

mdemers
4-Participant

Notes - boxed text

Hi,

I have recently updated to Creo 6.0.4 (from 5) and and I can't get to properly write notes with boxed text. I want to represent a geometric tolerance in a text note. Attached picture Note - boxed text Creo5.png shows a typical note I would write rather easily in Creo 5. The way I would do this in Creo 5 was to :

1. write "TOLERANCES ARE : ";
  2. then I would click the BOX (apply box formatting to selected text...) button from the toolbar;
  3. then click the surface profile symbol from the toolbar;
  4. then click the BOX button again to close the first box;
  5. then click the BOX button again to open a new box;
  6. type "0.25";
  7. then click the BOX button again to close the second box;
  8. then click the BOX button again to open a new box;
  9. (and so on)

Not as user-friendly as you would hope, but it would work.

Now, when I perform the same steps in Creo 6, it shows me the result I want while I type, but the various boxes are merged as soon as I click outside the text zone. Picture Note - failed boxed text Creo6.png shows the unwanted result.

That seems like a bug, doesn't it? Does anyone know a way around?

Regards,

Mathieu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mdemers)

Note sure of how to do it in the "WYSIWYG" box of typing, but in Creo 4.0, I right click on the text and open the properties. Then I would type:

@[symbol@]@[.025@]@[A@]@[B@]@[C@]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mdemers)

Note sure of how to do it in the "WYSIWYG" box of typing, but in Creo 4.0, I right click on the text and open the properties. Then I would type:

@[symbol@]@[.025@]@[A@]@[B@]@[C@]

mdemers
4-Participant
(To:Dale_Rosema)

OMG! That code-style way of typing still works in the Note Property dialog box?! Thanks! I thought it had disappeared when Creo introduced the possibility to edit text directly in the main window, along with the toolbars and the Box button.

Thank you very much!

Top Tags