cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Offset Section View thru several holes (Creo 4.0)

lorrainequinn
5-Regular Member

Offset Section View thru several holes (Creo 4.0)

Hello Creo experts... I was hoping to reach out for some detailing help.

I have a part where several holes on different BC's need to be shown on an offset section view. If I do a offset section with only 2 lines, the view is fine but as soon as I 'jog' the section to go thru more holes, my offset section Full(Aligned) has geometry that is impossible to be erased. I have attached 2 images. 1 showing that if I have a relatively simple offset the section view is fine but as soon as I try to offset thru other features, the section view has extra geometry showing in the bore that I cant erase 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to change your sketch to something like attached. Sometimes this method works with the offset section.

2020-01-14_11-16-54.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

For some reason, I have better luck when the x-section rotates the "other way".

Graphically like this:

StephenWilliams_0-1578926719710.png

Also check to make sure any cosmetics or sketches are hidden (or layers off) .

I've never seen this specific problem but i have seen some other unexpected things showing up.

Try to change your sketch to something like attached. Sometimes this method works with the offset section.

2020-01-14_11-16-54.jpg

lorrainequinn
5-Regular Member
(To:manjunathrv)

Thanks for taking time to reply...changed as you suggested but still have the lines in the bore that wont erase 😞

not having the view as projected and RESULT!

Thank you!!!!

Top Tags