cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Offset sections in a .drw in Creo 4.0

ptc-4853342
4-Participant

Offset sections in a .drw in Creo 4.0

When creating an offset section in Creo 4.0 M010, I'm encountering a problem I've not had before. I create the offset section in the .prt like we normally do in practice, but when I add the section view in a .drw, it includes the line for the change of direction in the cutting plane. Previously, as long as the change in direction was 90 degrees, Creo was smart enough to know it was an offset section and omit that line. When I bring up .prt and .drw files create in Creo 3, everything works, including making brand new drawings from and old .prt file. But when I make a new model and a new drawing, the line shows

up. 

I've included screen grabs of some examples, a "new" Creo 4 model and the drawing with the offset line in it, and also one from Creo 3 that shows how an offset section should look. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give. I'm sure it's some tiny thing that I'm doing or not doing. 

sect_model.JPGsect_drw.JPG

sect_drw_correct.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

according to my testing in CR4 M020, the problem is related to new hatching standard (*.pat files). If you assign old hatching standard (*.xch files) to your x-section, then seam line is removed (when show_offset_section_seams detail option is set properly).

xhatching.png

Please open Case at PTC Support and report the problem.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

according to my testing in CR4 M020, the problem is related to new hatching standard (*.pat files). If you assign old hatching standard (*.xch files) to your x-section, then seam line is removed (when show_offset_section_seams detail option is set properly).

xhatching.png

Please open Case at PTC Support and report the problem.

Martin Hanák

Thanks so much! That solution worked, and what we're going to do in the interim is put copies of our old .xch files into an accessible directory for everyone to use. I definitely will be putting in a support case with PTC Support. 

Top Tags