cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

One annotate hole table for all views

enguser
1-Newbie

One annotate hole table for all views

I require one annotate hole table for all views. The x and y
location is not required. The hole identifier “A” “B” “C” IN THE VIEWS IS REQUIRED.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

What do you think of this. See attachment

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:enguser)

Interesting idea. I wonder if it makes sense to take it further and create a surface (quilt) to represent the hole, especially if was blind with some type of drill point. You could then just pick on this surface and solidify in the parent model instead of having to create separate extrudes that reference the curve. Thru holes might need a quilt guaranteed to be thicker than anything they would ever go through. Of course this might mess with your drawing view sizes…

Tom U.

What about a UDF feature(s)? If I remember correctly you can group features so the required drill and thread (when applicable) depth prompts are displayed at feature creation? My apologies for the broad overview. It has been some time since I’ve used this method for a different application, but it was a fantastic solution and saved a tremendous amount of time and effort.

Good luck!

Krystal Mitchell, CAD Designer
o 913-888-2630 | d 913-956-3045 | SORInc.com

However, I’m not sure how well that would integrate with the hole table.

Krystal Mitchell, CAD Designer
o 913-888-2630 | d 913-956-3045 | SORInc.com
Top Tags