cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Option for disabling tangent edges in drawings permanently

KrisR
1-Newbie

Option for disabling tangent edges in drawings permanently

I'd like to disable them by default, and only turn them on in drawing views when I need them. Is there a way to disable them thru a config option? I've looked and didn't find anything.

I know there is an option to turn them off altogether, which will turn them off in the model and I don't want that.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I do a lot of 2d drawings. When I insert a drawing view by default it show no tangent edges. You can still see them in the model though. If you go to drawing options there is a option tan_edge_display_for_new_views. Mine is set to default. I like it this way & if I want to change it on a certain view I do that with the drawing view window.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I do a lot of 2d drawings. When I insert a drawing view by default it show no tangent edges. You can still see them in the model though. If you go to drawing options there is a option tan_edge_display_for_new_views. Mine is set to default. I like it this way & if I want to change it on a certain view I do that with the drawing view window.

What version of Pro/Creo are you using?

I've looked in my config.pro options and don't have this one. If I type it in it doesn't recognize it, either.

Wildfire 5.0. You have to go to file, drawing options on the 2d drawing.

Looks like this.

That's weird.......mine is set to default and tan edges ARE showing. I'll change to no_disp and see how that works.

Thanks Mike!

this is my default setting of the drawing view.

Also if you go to tools, environment, tangent adges are set to solid.

Hope this helps.

I think that the environment settings will override that drawing setting.

It may....in my envir, tan edges are set to solid, too.

There is one more option called model_display_for_new_views. Mine is set to follow_environment.

I'll check that one out!

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:KrisR)

The option you are looking for is in an *.dtl file. If you haven't already found it in Creo 1 look under File>Prepare>Drawing Options and change Detail Options. This should open up the dialog shown in Mike's post.

Top Tags