Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output All Dimension to a Txt or Excel File

Re: Figured It Out

Thats great. I got that to work well for a part (.prt). but the menus were slightly different when I tried to do it with a drawing and I couldnt get it to work. 

For a part the menus were the same as you described. Im on Creo 3.

When I tried this for a drawing the menus were as below:

Tools-> Drawing Program-> then I have the option of "Define States" and "Edit Program" but neither of these options brings up the dimensions.  "Edit Program" brings up a sub menu with various options but none of them give me what im after. 

@ptc-2151019 wrote:
Thank you everyone for you help. I was just able to figure it out. I decided to post it in case anyone ran into this as well. 1. Go to tools, program, then show design. Then go to edit design. This takes you to a txt file. Save it. 2. Open excel then go to data, import data and follow the wizard. 2.a. When you pick delimiters, make sure you have = sign as a space to allow for the colums to break correctly. 3. Once the data is in the excel, you have a bunch of stuff. To get the filter to work properly, you have to delete all of the blank cells (Edit, Go to, Special, blanks and make sure you pick delete entire row instead of shifting up) 4. Then apply a filter and do a custom one (e.g. equals d* and does not contain datum) and then you have all of the dimensions filtered.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Hugh

Re: Figured It Out

I think the method Tools-> Program-> Edit Design only applies to parts and assemblies.

Drawing programs are unrelated to the model contents.

In similar circumstances I've created a table in Excel that I save as CSV and import as a table in Creo; the Excel sheet has &d0 on one row, &d1, and so forth. I don't think it will pick up any dimensions that have been given other names, but neither will simply searching the Design for d*.