cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PTC_COMMON_NAME in drawing templates

sbots
9-Granite

PTC_COMMON_NAME in drawing templates

I am planning on moving from drawing formats with mapkeys to add tables and notes for new drawings to the use of template drawings. In starting this move I have run into an issue that I am hoping some of you may be able to help me with. In our formats today we display the value for PTC_COMMON_NAME from the model in the title block of thedrawing but with templates the value for the drawing's PTC_COMMON_NAME is displayed. Has anyone come up with a way to create a drawing from template and have PTC_COMMON_NAME from the model be displayed in the title block?

Thank you in advance,

Scott

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Scott,
Using WF5 and WC9.1,

I don't normally use templates but played around with it and found that the
template adds ":D" on the end of the &PTC_COMMON_NAME, making it display
the parameter for the drawing (this is normal behaviour and can be used on
other parameters to pull up the revision number of the drawing instead of
the part for example). If you remove the ":D" after creating your drawing
it works as expected. I don't know how to stop it adding the ":D", I
presume it is being added because when the template is being modified there
is no model to show the parameter of so ProE assumes you must mean the
drawing....