cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

PTC Creo 3.0 F000 to be available in July...

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

PTC Creo 3.0 F000 to be available in July...

PTC Creo 3.0 F000 releases in July. There is still time...

Some interesting new options...

Missing references would be easier to work on in Creo 3.0,drawing note entering option is now WYSIWYG..

I hope they have fixed the soooooooooooo many bugs....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12

July? They said June. Wait, you mean it's been delayed? I'm shocked.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

They have officially launched it at PTC live global, the presentation by Brian is there in youtube

Come on Doug...now you're unfair. They were on a really tight schedule...2 years and 3 months...

Joking aside and the fact that it was a long time between releases I'll have to say that the Unite Technology is impressive.....although that won't be available until December this year in M030 as I understood it.

This is groundbreaking technology maybe the most impressive of all since Creo was released. Not only being able to open native files from Catia, NX and SW but also getting notifications within PDMLink that there's a change on the native file and that it needs to be updated. Works exactly like Creo parts and assemblies.

On top of that there many other improvements. I especially liked that it shows the last missing reference in the graphics window although the parent geometry is no longer there. The Notification center takes you directly into the failed feature and you don't need to find the failed feature in the feature tree.

Finally a complete overhaul of annotations and notes working the same way as a modern Cad system should.

I'm jsut continuing to beat the drum that us paying maintenacne shoudl get new softare for that maintenance dollar.

So it's going to be almost 3 years from Creo 2 until we get the full Creo 3 functionality. (Oh, who am I kidding, it'll be a full 3 years. They aren't going to hit that December date either.) That's three years of maintenance payments with no new software.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Oh, no, Rohit... F000 just means PTC has an excuse for the remaining bugs from 2.0

...LATE July.

...about 1 months from now.

Stay away from the F00000000000!

I'm hoping I can load Creo 3.0 with Creo 2.0 M040 remaining as my working application.

It will require an appended license code to do this.

I will certainly walk through the installation with customer service on the line.

F000 for both Creo 1.0 and Creo 2.0 were not too bad. Lots of little annoying things of course.

I would never consider putting an F000 release into production.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

....like we did with Windchill....

What version of windchill is supported with this release?

Referring to https://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=67180

Creo 3.0 is compatibility with Windchill 10.1 and 10.2 only

sbaty
4-Participant
(To:gzhou-2)

The compatibility document needs updating (although this one was only recently posted as new). All cells containing the words "Compatibility Planned" regard versions that are in production, so the text should either say "Compatible" or "Not Compatible". Example: the combination of Creo 2 M070 and WC 10.2 F000 has been in production since last September and yet they still use the word "Planned" as though it were a future promise.

Top Tags