cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PTC Technical support request

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock

PTC Technical support request

https://support.ptc.com/apps/solution_preview/solution/lang/presolution?lang=en&n=CS233195

could someone please copy and paste the answer to the above customer support case? my company doesn't have the maintenance, but we will probably get it when we transition to creo 4 sometime soon (in a couple of months probably). i would still like to know the answer before that.

basically i have a group that has a couple of features in it and is suppressed for convenience. those features (a couple of holes) are referenced by an outside pattern of datum planes (driven by dimension or table) and can't be patterned and grouped without the parent feature (impossible).

i would like to unsuppress and ungroup this group based on a yes/no in VB and then i would like to apply the reference (always) pattern to all the features in that group.

i suspect it could also be done by a mapkey...

also, is it possible to change a pattern type with VB or mapkey? i would like to change a known (and created) pattern of model datums from dimension to table, if it's needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rmcboaty)

Don't think support answer is what you were hoping for. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Don't think support answer is what you were hoping for. 

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

yeah. thanks.

is it possible to edit a pattern type to table with it, does anyone know?

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

It is possible to create pattern or edit using macros. However you have to notice that macros are run only when your program return control to creo therefore your runmacro method (sub) shoult be called at the end of your code. If you need to make any selections during macro you can use ctrl+f function and edit macro with previously gained informations in your program.

Please find in attachment also a PDF version of the contents from this page.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock

thanks.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Thank you, Tom.

Robert,

Please find it in attachment (it also includes a resolution).

Top Tags