Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter in note.

Parameter in note.

I have a parameter in my bill of materials (&rpt.index). This parameter is the number that is in the balloon. How can I get this to show up in my note? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Parameter in note.

I also think I have the same or a similar problem, so apologies if this is hijacking.....

I have a startpart with the user-defined Parameter of "WATERMARK", it has a relation that displays certain statements based on the PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE parameter.

I now need to put a Watermark diagonally across my drawing format file so when it is called up it displays a line of text based upon the "WATERMARK" parameter on my start parts. I've tried Notes with the "&WATERMARK" text, a user-defined symbol with "&WATERMARK" and now a table with the cell contents as "&WATERMARK". On each occasion when the format is called up the note simply reads "&WATERMARK" regardless of the PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE parameter however when a note is manually added to the newly created drawing it correctly displays the statement I want.

Does anyone know how this is done?

J

I have not seen where that is possible either, as I've tried to do that myself.

Make sure the parameter is in your model, then put a table in your format with &WATERMARK:1 in a single cell. Format stuff is a little weird.

To use an index number in notes you can create a model parameter that can be used used in the BOM, note, and custom BOM balloon. As far as I'm aware the rpt report symbol parameters can't be used in notes.