cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Parameter with counter - Storing parameter values

Drs95
5-Regular Member

Parameter with counter - Storing parameter values

Hello,

I've been looking for a couple of weeks a way to make a parameter that can save his previous values, I will explain my self

I have a drawing with many reviews (parameter "counter"), and I want to assign a balloon to the changed dimensions, this balloon will have the "counter" parameter

So, when I change a dimensions on the review c, every single dimension I changed need to have the balloon with the parameter "counter" in this case, the parameter value will be "c"

In the next review "d" I will change some other dimensions and the dimensions I change need to have the ballon with the same parameter "counter" but in this case his value will be "d" the problem is that assigning this value will erase the previous "c" value so I don't know how to store the parameter

If anyone can help me this will be really aprecciate I've been looking for this for the last 2 weeks and I'm getting desesperate! any help is appreaciate

Excuse my not so good english,

Regards, Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
JonasC
4-Participant
(To:Drs95)

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry, I don't have any solution for you. However, I'd like to ask why do you want an automated tool.

If you are working on a drawing and make a change, you'll know the revision, you are working on. You'd just use an annotation or ballon with the value c to make clear it was changed in the revision c. This way it will be "stored". It doesn't change in any way, does it? So I don't quite understand the improvement you'll get by using a parameter.

I think drawings will always be handwork to some extent and I think that's good because that's how you but brain into it. But maybe I'm just spoiled because my engineering job is not based on quantities 😉

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:Drs95)

Daniel, In lieu of using parameters, you can create a symbol with variable text that is restricted to predefined values. The predefined values would be A, B, C, D, etc. You can also create a symbol with two variable text fields that both have restricted values. The first field would be restricted to &todays_date and the second would be restricted to &current_time. When the symbol is placed, you have a static date & time stamp. Regards, Dan N.
Top Tags