cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Parameters for exporting to PDF

DOVANLE
1-Newbie

Parameters for exporting to PDF

Hello everyone,

I export my drawings to DXF, DWG and PDF alot. There are a few things I have to ckeck in the export dialog box in order for these exporting files come out like I want and I use a fews parameters in config.pro to controls the "hard set" without me have to check the export dialog box (ex: dxf_export_mapping_file, dxf_export.pro, dxf_out_stroke_text ....).

However, these parameters only work for DXF or DWG but do not work for PDF.

Has anyone know parameters for PDF, please help. For instance in the PDF export dialog box, I'd like to set the GENERAL tab as CURRENT and the CONTENT tab as NONE, STROKE ALL FONTS .....

Thank you every much in advance.

DV

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I am glad you asked this question. I know you can save a profile for PDF export and I use that regularly, but there should be a way to set that profile as the default in config.pro.

Hello Dovan!

You can create a macro to export your pdf, dwg and dxf files with all the steps you want, then you don't have to do all the same things each time.

Hello Hugo,

Thanks for response to my question. I've done any macro in Pro-e before. Do you mean mapkey? Could you be more specific (if you got time of course).

Thanks.

Sorry, my mistake, when i say macro is a mapkey. I have a macro to export pfd, igs, dwg files.

When i have some jobs that i know that will be repetitive i make always a macro. Sometimes i even assign them to a icon in proe/creo interface.

Hi,

If it is a mapkey then I know how to do it. However, b/c productivity I already have alot of makeys, buttons and shortcuts. If there isn't way then I have to use mapkey, otherwise, I rather have parameters "hard set".

Thank you very much.

I tried to figure a way out to set this up before, and I spoke with PTC about it too. THe PDF export function is pretty stupib. I wanted to have some og my model parameters transfer to the PDF file, and I was unable to so this. Pro E is incapable of thinking beyond Map Keys, so don't count on anything else working.

Top Tags