cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Part Colors

ptc-3074892
1-Newbie

Part Colors

Where is the command to change the part color?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

"Chris DiSalvatore" wrote:

"Chris DiSalvatore" wrote:

CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:SethTucker-disa)

Seth, or any other PTC person, why did PTC not include a "Command Locator" in WF5? When going to the ribbon UI so many commands have been completely relocated or renamed that many users are having one #@$&!! of a time finding things they have used for years. Inventor 2010 has also just changed to the ribbon UI, and on the opening screen, prominently located in the middle of the ribbon is "Command Locator", which lists all of the common commands, and presents (when mouse is rolled over) a graphic showing where on the ribbon or toolbar to find this command. Pretty nice.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Thank you

"Chris Benner" wrote:

Seth, or any other PTC person, why did PTC not include a "Command Locator" in WF5? When going to the ribbon UI so many commands have been completely relocated or renamed that many users are having one #@$&!! of a time finding things they have used for years. Inventor 2010 has also just changed to the ribbon UI, and on the opening screen, prominently located in the middle of the ribbon is "Command Locator", which lists all of the common commands, and presents (when mouse is rolled over) a graphic showing where on the ribbon or toolbar to find this command. Pretty nice.

Why is not an option? For example I want see it like WF4 and choose one, like in WF5 - choose second. Why it need to be hardly move? I want choose style of interfaces.
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:CBenner)

Ahhh yes, the hated ribbon. I'm staying on WF4 until either the ribbon goes away, or I'm forced to use it by management. I. HATE. IT.

In case anyone is still trying to figure out how to change the color of the part, here's how. With the part model open, click on the Appearance Manager icon, which looks like a grey ball in about the middle of the toolbar. Then pick the color you want to change the model to. Then go over to the model tree and click on the model name, then "OK" in the dialog box. Alternatively, you can click on surfaces with the paintbrush cursor that comes up if you don't want to change the entire part color. This also works in assemblies.

I have tried to change surfaces in assembly mode, for instance assembly cuts of *stamps* so they stand out from the parent material, but in WF5 it won't allow it. It will change the entire part or not at all. I know that in WF3 and earlier it was possible, but it looks like the capability was removed in WF5.

Top Tags