cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Part appearance in detailed drawing

gumaro
2-Guest

Part appearance in detailed drawing

I'm doing a detailed drawing of an assembly and need one of the components to "stand out" from the rest, I would like to have this specific component to have a cross hatch in my orthogonal views, there won't be a section view.

I've tried the RMB > hatch/fill, but unfortunately this does not work on curved surfaces, is there another way to apply a hatch to the whole part?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

try projecting of curves on specific part.

Martin Hanák
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:gumaro)

When I need to make a component look different I use

Layout->Component Display->Style

I then select the component(s) I want to change and set their appearance. The options for appearance are very limited, however and don't include crosshatching the surfaces, but this works fine for most of my needs.

This is under the assumption that you are talking about changing the way a part in an assembly looks. Changing the appearance of a surface of a part is a different problem. For that I've actually had to resort to using the Sketch functionality of the drawing module to draw an outline of the desired area, then using Hatch/Fill to put a pattern on it. Very tedious, best done when I'm absolutely sure my views are all where I want them, etc.

We use cosmetic sketches in our part model, then show per view needed in drawing... 

Top Tags