cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Part geometry defective after STEP Export

hhagedorn
6-Contributor

Part geometry defective after STEP Export

Hello CAD community,

I have here a very remarkable mistake for which I have no solution found so far.

The following CAD File is after exporting as stp file and the subsequent import into Creo 2.0 in the marked area faulty or defective.

When exporting as IGS and the subsequent import into Creo 2.0 this problem is not the case.

Can someone help me here what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Heiko

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Not in this case, but i have noted that Creo hates sometimes rounds with many sets or sets with heavy intent edges. I think in this case Creo inverts normal of rounds. Try many feature of rounds, instead of heavy features. I know, it's tedious, but try...

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:hhagedorn)

Standard issue import/export errors. With STEP, try a different version of STEP like one of the 214s. Also, are you using absolute accuracy and adjusting it to be more accurate? And then you can import on different accuracy, either by using a template, or external accuracy or change it after import, these will probably all produce a different result.

hhagedorn
6-Contributor

Hello Mauro and Matt,

I have already tried to apply different rounding solutions without real success.

And yes, the accuracy of the parts is absolute, with 0.01. I've changed the accuracy to 0.001. These I have made in both files, in the prt and in the import template. The change of the accuracy in the import part, was also unsatisfactory.

How can I adjust in the export process, what kind step version will be exported? (this i don't know)

Thanks and a happy Weekend!

Heiko

Heiko,

there is config.pro option STEP_EXPORT_FORMAT

Values available:

AP203_IS

AP202_IS

AP203_IS_EXT

AP209_DIS

AP214_IS

AP203_E2

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
hhagedorn
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin,

Logically in the config.pro, .... shame on me.

We have set stp ap214_is.

I'll test the different versions.

Heiko

hhagedorn
6-Contributor

Export of various formats stp = no solution

... I think it's time to contact PTC Support and send them problematic model and its STEP file .

Martin Hanák
hhagedorn
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

I contacted the PTC Support, stay tuned!

Top Tags