cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Placing a watermark in drawings

DavidAnthonySch
1-Newbie

Placing a watermark in drawings

Hi, I have been asked if there is any way of getting a way to put a watermark on a drawing once it has been sent to the printer/plotter with the date and time and status on it wip-rel...etc..
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

"David Anthony Schnoblen" wrote:

Hi, I have been asked if there is any way of getting a way to put a watermark on a drawing once it has been sent to the printer/plotter with the date and time and status on it wip-rel...etc..

Hi, thanks for your help. Would you happen to know if this could be done globally?

I'm not sure what you mean by "globally". This is something that would have to be in your drawing. If your drawing has a format you could edit the format to include these parameters, but I think it would not appear in your drawing until you re-attach it to your drawing.

"Grahame Ward" wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "globally". This is something that would have to be in your drawing. If your drawing has a format you could edit the format to include these parameters, but I think it would not appear in your drawing until you re-attach it to your drawing.

One solution is to use the plot_label option available through the config.pro options or the print configure menu. This only gives username, date and time, and object name in the margin. Creative filenaming could indicate drawing status. Another idea is to create a symbol with the information required, however this relies on the user to manage the symbol. I have created PDF files of drawings and added watermarks with a third party program. The drawings were marked manually, however the routine could be automated. Regards-
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:cfitzgerald-2)

What we have talked about here is having a watermark in the 3D file. Actually, a window that pops up when you open a file first time in a session. So when a client of ours opens the file they get a message "this file remains the property of ....". So far there has been no solution that we have come up with.
Top Tags